Tuesday, March 26th 2019 | 6:00-8:00 PM
The Newark Public Library, James Brown African American Room | 5 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102
The Friends of the James Brown African American Room (JBAAR) and the Association of Black Women Lawyers (AWBL)-NJ Present: The Economics, Politics, and Psychology of Black Folks Glorious Nappy Hair
Join us for a panel discussion about African-American Hair & related issues featuring special guest speakers including:
- Jane Carter, A pioneer and the creator of Jane Carter Solutions
- Dr. Isfahan Chambers-Harris, Chemist and Creator of Alodia Hair Care
- Gillian Scott-Ward, PhD, Director of the documentary, Back to Natural
- Tulani Kinard, Author of the best-selling book, No Lye – The African American Woman’s Guide to Natural Hair Care.
- Troy E. Harrison, An introspective artist who created a business embodied the seven principles of Kwanzaa, and named it “Afrakuts”.
For more details, please contact us at 973.733.5411