Each year, the Newark Public Library hosts Booked for the Evening, a Gala Benefit. We celebrate and honor the people, businesses, and organizations that make Newark a vibrant community, and work to improve the lives of its residents.
To accomplish this event, volunteers from the community work with Library staff members to plan and produce Booked for the Evening.
To everyone who made the 2017 Booked for the Evening event a success, it is thanks to you!
To our honorees
- Michael X. McBride, Partner, Connell Foley
- Michael Bright, President & CEO, YMCA of Newark and Vicinity
- Andaiye Taylor, Founder and Editor, Brick City Live
- The Affinity Groups Supporting the Newark Public Library
- The Friends of the Newark Public Library
- The Friends of the Hispanic Research and Information Center
- The Friends of the James Brown African American Room
To our Gala Committee, chaired by Stephen B. Ravin, Esq., Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, LLP
To our Sponsors
- Presenting Sponsor
- Gold Sponsors
- Connell Foley
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Rutgers University – Newark
- Warren and Andrea Grover
- Rosemary and Robert Steinbaum
- Silver Sponsors
- Fidelco Realty Group
- McCarter and English, LLP
- Thomas J. Alrutz
- Timothy and Gloria Crist
- Bronze Sponsors
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Edison Properties
- I.U.O.E. Local 68
- L + M Development Partners
- LiUNA Eastern Region
- Lotus Equity Group LLC
- Michael Rachlin & Company LLC
- RBH Group
- WithumSmith+Brown, PC
- Jeremy Johnson
To our Promotional Partners
- The Newark Times, who hosted the After Party
- Brick City Live
- Newark Happening
- Newark Gay Pride
- Newark Arts Council
To all the individuals, businesses, and organizations that donated items for the Silent Auction
To all the guests who purchased items in the Silent Auction
To our Library Patron Ambassadors and our Library Staff Ambassadors, who spoke about Library collections, programs, and services
To the Booked for the Evening Master of Ceremonies Katilia Velez, who kept the evening’s festivities on schedule
To everyone who attended and made Booked for the Evening a truly special event, a very heartfelt thank you from the Trustees and Staff of the Newark Public Library!
And if you weren’t able to attend, you can still contribute. Just click on this link to make a donation!