The Special Services Room, located on the third floor of the Main Library, features a variety of services, equipment, and programs.
The room is open Tuesdays – Fridays from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. by appointment only.
For more information, please call 973-733-5412.
Special Services has partnered with the New Jersey State Library Braille and Talking Book Center to provide specialized equipment and media in Braille and recorded format.
Classes and Training
- Access technology for people who need it for reading
- Deaf Awareness Club of Newark, NJ, Beyond the Eyes, and other meetings
- Assistive Listening Devices Loan Program
- TTY and Video Phone
- Computers with Jaws and Magic viewer
- Reading Edge, a voice output reading machine
- Computer with Sprint IP free relay, Aim relay service for deaf and hard of hearing people
- SVRS-Sorenson video display relay service for telephone connections for deaf and hard of hearing people