The City of Newark “Love Your Block” Mini-Grants Program connects residents with city departments and community organizations to implement hyper-local neighborhood beautification and community-building projects.
The overall goal of the Love Your Block program is to prevent or eliminate property blight and revitalize city neighborhoods one block at a time. Residents from the South Ward are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to residents in the Upper Clinton Hill neighborhood. Applicants do not have to be a part of a nonprofit to apply.
Mini Grant Categories:
- Community Clean-Ups
- Minor Home Repairs
- Vacant Lot Activation
Important dates to remember:
- March 15, 2019: Proposals due
- April 15, 2019: Winners announced
- May 15, 2019: Awards notification
Grant writing workshops will be held at The Newark Public Library Clinton Branch on the following dates:
- February 2, 2019 | 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- February 23, 2019 | 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- March 8, 2019 | 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- March 13, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
There will also be open office hours at the Clinton Branch of The Newark Public Library to support applicants. During this time we will be helping applicants learn how to navigate city services, ask questions, and provide guidance during the application process. Office hours will be held weekly on Saturdays from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM at 739 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07108. (*Doors close at 2:45 PM)
- “Love Your Block” Mini-Grants Program Flyer
- Contact List for “Love Your Block” Program
- “Love Your Block” Mini-Grants Program Application
The Newark “Love Your Block” program is made possible with the generous support of Cities of Service, The Newark Public Library, and The City of Newark.