In accordance with Mayor Baraka’s stay-at-home advisory, the Newark Public Library will be closed to the public starting on Wednesday, November 25th through Saturday, December 5th.
During that time:
- General Reference will be available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and via phone at 973-733-7779 (please leave a message).
- The NJ Information Center will be available via email at email@example.com, and via phone at 973-733-7775.
- The NJ Hispanic Research and Information Center will be available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and via phone at 973-733-4791.
We will re-open again with limited hours on Monday, December 7th.
De acuerdo con el aviso de permanencia en casa emitido por el alcalde de la ciudad de Newark, la Biblioteca Pública de Newark estará cerrada al público a partir del miércoles 25 de noviembre hasta el sábado 5 de diciembre.
Durante ese tiempo, si necesita información o ayuda en español, puede ponerse en contacto con la Sala Hispanoamericana llamando al 973-733-7772 (favor dejar un mensaje), o vía correo electrónico, email@example.com. El personal de la Sala le responderá.
Volveremos a abrir con horario limitado el lunes 7 de diciembre
Visite nuestro sitio web www.npl.org para ver nuestra selección de programas virtuales en inglés y español o tomar prestados libros electrónicos y audiolibros. Agradecemos su comprensión y lamentamos cualquier inconveniente.
Limited Public Opening Beginning Monday, December 7th.
Newark Public Library will reopen on a limited basis starting Monday, December 7th.
HOURS OF SERVICE
To reduce the chance of transmission of the COVID-19 virus, the Main Library and the Branches of the Newark Public Library will have periodic closings for cleaning.
The buildings will close for one half hour after each hour of service.
The Main Library will be open to the public, Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 5 PM, for one-hour intervals followed by ½-hour closures, and Saturdays, from 10 AM to 2 PM
The Branches will be open to the public, Tuesday through Friday, 10 AM to 5 PM, for one-hour intervals followed by ½-hour closures, and Saturdays, from 10 AM to 2 PM
While we currently have limited hours, you can always telephone your request or email us to ask questions during the hours listed below:
- Reference (including Children’s and Teen materials) firstname.lastname@example.org | 973.733.7779
Hours: M-Th – 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM; Fri & Sat. – 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
- NJ Reference (Queries about NJ and Newark) email@example.com | 973.733.7775
Hours: M, Tu, Th, F – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM; W – 10:00 AM – 7:30 PM; Sat. – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- La Sala Hispanoamericana (plus Spanish Reference) firstname.lastname@example.org | 973.733.7772
Hours: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday; Sat. – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- NJ Hispanic Reference (Queries about NJ Hispanic Communities) email@example.com | 973.733.4791
Hours: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
For Everyone’s Safety
- Wear a mask: Masks are mandatory to enter the library building. Your nose and mouth must be covered to protect staff and other patrons. Masks, bandanas, or scarves are acceptable. Your hand, shirt, or other clothing are not face coverings. If you don’t have a mask, staff can provide one.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you or anyone in your household has a fever, cough, chills or is otherwise not feeling well, do not enter the Library.
- Maintain physical distancing: Follow staff guidance, posted signs and floor marking to ensure at least six feet of space from others. No gatherings.
- Plan a short visit: Seating is limited in order to make it easier to have a safe and clean environment. The Library is open only for selecting and borrowing items, and using a computer. The maximum visit is one hour. The library will close after each hour of service. Review the schedule to see when the library will close to all patrons.
- The maximum number of patrons is posted at the entrance to the building and to certain rooms within each building. No exceptions will be made.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Restrooms are limited to one person at a time.
- Place any items you touch while browsing in the bins provided.
- Please return all books and other materials in the bins provided at the entrance where they will be quarantined for 3 days.
Computers & WiFi
- A limited number of computers are available in each branch and in the Main Library
- Printing is limited to 10 pages which is currently free
- WiFi is available in the Main Library courtyard continuously from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. A charging station for personal devices, e.g., phones is available. Seating is limited and the length of your visit may be limited depending on demand.