Free tax prep sites
Free tax prep sites for people who make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speakers.
Please have the below documents available to show the tax preparer:
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards for everyone listed on the tax return
- W2, W-2G, 1099-R, SSa-1099, 1099-Misc forms, as applicable (these are wages/earnings forms from employers)
- Health coverage statements 1095-A, B, or C, as applicable
- Bank account information for direct deposit of your refund, such as a voiced check
- College students: form 1098-T tuition statement and/or other proof of college expenses
- If applying for an ITIN, proof of foreign status, generally a passport
- Total paid for daycare and the daycare provider’s tax identification number, such as a social security number or business EIN
- For married people filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign required forms
Free laundry for the homeless & low income families and individuals
Free notary services
By appointment only. Schedule an appointment by visiting the Reference Desk on the 2nd Floor or by calling 973-733-7779.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday 3-5 PM
Newark Public Library | Special Services Room
5 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102
**Please bring proof of identification with you to your appointment.
Do you know someone with a change in vision? If you are 55 or older with a vision change, free assistive technology classes are available. Explore computers equipped with magnification and speech. Learn to use the iPad’s magnification & speech! iPads provided in class, but it is OK to bring your own iPad or iPhone!
Questions? Please contact Stephen Felle Email at email@example.com | 800-792-8322 ext. 812
City on By-Ward Status Tour
English language classes for speakers of other languages
Registration for the next sessions is through La Casa de Don Pedro (which conducts placement testing–very nonthreatening–and which supplies our teachers…and which offers many other social and educational services), applicants will want to call La Casa at 973-733-4568, ext. 3306
New Jersey Driver’s License with Self-Attestation
Big news! You can now change the M/F gender marker on your New Jersey driver license with self-attestation!
Please share widely with your LGBTQ+ friends, family, and colleagues!
Download the form: https://bit.ly/380InYU
Find an MVC location near you: https://bit.ly/2RSaNyk
(“X” gender marker coming soon) #lgbtq #equality)
High School Equivalency Test Sites
Free Dental Clinic Opportunity
The 2020 Love Your Block Mini-Grant Request for Proposals (RFP) Is Open!
Apply today for a mini-grant of up to $5,000 to beautify and improve your block(s) in the City of Newark.
Learn more about the Love Your Block Mini-Grant Program and how to submit a strong RFP at one of our upcoming workshops:
Wednesday, February 19 6-7:30pm – Branch Brook Library, 235 Clifton Ave
Wednesday, February 26 6-7:30pm – Vailsburg Library, 75 Alexander St
Wednesday, March 4 2-3:30pm – The Clubhouse, 205 Spruce St.
Wednesday, March 11 2-3:30pm – NAN Tech Center, 400 Hawthorne Ave
The goal of this mini-grant is to encourage neighborhood pride, enhancement and beautification throughout the City of Newark by encouraging community engagement in neighborhood revitilzation initiatives from resident groups and community based organizations in order to promote community engagement.