Need healthcare coverage in 2018? The open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act is November 1 – December 15, 2017. The Newark Public Library can help with questions and problems! Here are some websites which may be useful, compiled by librarian Leslie Kahn.
- Visit www.healthcare.gov or www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es to find out more about your eligibility!
- Available plans and costs: https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ and https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/see-plans/
- Key dates: https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/dates-and-deadlines/
- Health insurance enrollment information is available in the language you need https://www.healthcare.gov/language-resource/
Guides and Help
- Meet with in-person navigators to help to understand the many options: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/#/ or www.hrsa.gov
- Call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY 1-855-889-4325) to have your questions answered and for support with signing up for health insurance coverage.
- NPL Web Guide: http://nplwebguides.pbworks.com/w/page/68746137/affordablecare
- ACA Reference NJ: http://njacapl.wixsite.com/njacapl
- Health Insurance Marketplace Guide: https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/about-the-marketplace-english.pdf
- Information in Spanish: https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/blog/10-health-care-benefits-covered-in-the-health-insurance-marketplace/
- Glossary of insurance terms in Spanish: https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/sbc-uniform-glossary-spanish.pdf
- NJ Citizen Action (165 Halsey St. in Newark provides help to sign up!) https://njcitizenaction.org/?page_id=119