Do you have overdue books, CDs, and other library materials?
Overdue fines for those materials can be forgiven this summer two ways:
- All children and teens who participate in the Summer Reading Challenge will have their fines waived.
- Library borrowers who bring nonperishable food for Essex County pantries* will have their fines waived.
- The program is in effect from June 19 to September 9, 2017.
- Fines on one overdue item will be waived for each food item donated.
- Items must be returned. Fees for lost, damaged, or interlibrary loan materials will not be waived.
- Food items donated to the pantries will be accepted at all Library locations.
Patrons are encouraged to bring canned goods or items in boxes or plastic jars to any Library location in exchange for fine forgiveness.
* This food drive is being conducted in partnership with MEND (Meeting Essential Needs with Dignity) Summer Hunger Busters Community Food Drive.
For more information, please call 973-733-7791.
Thank you for participating and returning your Library materials!