About the Center
Your Access to Today's Complex World of Information
Access to today’s complex world of information is as simple as one telephone call to the The Newark Public Library.
If your research needs are more extensive or if time or distance prevent you from conducting your own research, let Newark Public Library’s specialists supply you with the information or material you need.
Services and Fees
- Business information: company profiles, product, and industry information, price quotations, rankings, financial data
- United States patents from 1790 to the present
- Government publications: the largest collection of Federal and New Jersey publications in the state
- Census data from 1790 to the present
- New Jersey state and local history and genealogy
- Words and music to more than 100,000 songs
- The largest public library visual and performing arts collection in New Jersey
- American history, culture, and biography, with extensive resources on women, African-Americans, and Latinos
- Literary quotations, poetry, criticism, and reviews
- Online databases and the Internet
And much more from the Library’s collection of 1.3 million books and over 3,000 newspapers and magazines.
Reference Center 973-733-7779
(includes Arts & Humanities, and Business, Science & Technology)
New Jersey Information Center 973-733-7775
$75.00 per hour charged in 1/4 hour increments with 1/2 hour minimum; plus any additional costs for online searches, photcopying, etc. Rush surcharge for same day service (request received by 11:00 a.m., sent by 5:00 p.m.)
Charges are as follows:
|Research charged in 1/4 hour increments with 1/2 hour minimum||$75/hour|
|10 photocopied pages
(from a maximum of 3 items)
|11+ photocopied pages||$0.75/page|
|Postage and handling||at cost|
Payment is required in advance by credit card or check. Frequent customers are invited to open a deposit account.